Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Veterans History Project

A few days ago I had the privilege of interviewing a gentleman for the non-profit Veterans History Project.

The project enlists the help of volunteers like me to interview veterans who saw service in any of America's wars of the previous century. The end product is an audio CD that I sent to the Library of Congress. As a courtesy, I also sent a copy to the gentleman.

What a fantastic experience! This gentleman told me his tale of service as an Army Air Force B-24 tail gunner during World War II. I learned a lot about that period of history and I was overwhelmed by the dignity and selflessness of the man.

The experience was humbling but it rekindled my fervor for Priceless Legacy and what we are accomplishing on a daily basis.

I highly recommend the program to anyone with time and the heart to do a few interviews. You will relish the opportunity.

No comments: